Sunday, November 2, 2008

Teaching Day and Blogs

I really enjoyed our last teaching day. It was a lot of fun and everyone really brought some interesting things to the table. I also liked Abe's presentation as well as others. It was a lot of fun when everyone was fully engaged. I particularly enjoyed this class because it was not necessarily teaching as you might associate in the general definition of the word. I liked that people brought things they have found (like Abe's Amazon) and just spread the word. It was more of a show and tell, but I liked it. Maybe we could have one more day like this and have the entire class present show and tell and make it short and sweet and let everyone present. I also enjoyed the blog presented by Asa. I found it very interesting and somewhat engaging. I think this school needs something like this that either engages or looks to further educate for the sake of the students. Since we are in an internet class I think its some what ironic that this is out there. But it is a simple and easy way for student to check out and don't have to spend much time. But I believe it has the potential to be constructive and beneficial. Replying to Anna's comment on juicycampus (since I presented on it) I think it is sad that their is the amount of slander that goes on. But, I also believe that the school does not have the right to chase people down because of comments on it. I think juicycampus is a perfect example of where we want to draw the line for what is appropriate for the internet and are people responible for what they right as anonymous. I personally don't agree what is written but believe it is still freedom of speech. I would agree it is like middle school but that doesn't hold any concrete position of what should be done if anything and should their be consequences. I can't wait for class on Tuesday to see what people think of Asa's presented blog and their feedback as well as the two presentation still to come.
Corey

No comments: