Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Gamer Theory

These past two classes have been rather frustrating for me. I've really enjoyed all of our topics up until this point- all the discussions about monitoring, all the ethical debates we had in class over social networking sites like juicycampus, what we thought was actually legitimate - yet for some reason I cannot get on board with this last section of Gamer Theory that we were talking about in todays class. I understood the discussion about how we have lost all our leisure time due to work, but Wark's model about gamespace seemed to be completely over my head, it seemed to be written in a different language to me. I don't quite see the relevance to our class, and this switch in discourse was a little off-putting. Maybe I'm just not making an effort to understand Gamer Theory because I am frustrated but perhaps a more hands on approach would help me better, I don't know about anyone else.

-Anna-

2 comments:

Tesekkür ederim said...

The last class was really frustrating for me as well because I don't see the point of trying to decipher a chart that no one has the right answer to. I wonder if the author even knew what he was trying to say. Overall, this book is not one of my favorites.

-Mike

Tesekkür ederim said...

I completely understand, I felt like the material was completely over my head and didn't think the chart was relevant to anything we were doing.

-Anna-