Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gamer Theory

I have to say I really do not enjoy Gamer Theory at all, though some of it may be my own fault. I didn't think that the chart we attempted to decipher was scholarly or clever, it just reinforced my negative feelings. Even if it makes some connection across gamer theory I still don't really care. Why? Because it's gamer theory, that’s why. I know I'm being overly critical but I really hate this book and needed to vent. I don't like the connection from gamer theory to reality, I believe it is quite forced. This is by far my least enjoyable subject thus far in the class and I can sense a "God, can't this stupid subject be over" from the rest of the class. In my next post, instead of bitching like a whiny school girl, I will offer critical analysis of the book so as to trash it in a way that’s not utterly infantile. Until then, screw this book, one of the least interesting books I’ve read so far.

-Matt

*(The comments of this post do not neccesarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of Tesekkur ederim)*

2 comments:

Tesekkür ederim said...

Matt, I can definitely attest to everything you're frustrated about.As I've commented on other blogs this is my least favorite topic this semester- not only does it not generate a cohesive comprehensive discussion during class that only a select few people understand, but the format of our class has changed to a lecture based class which is obviously not interactive in the same way it has been in the past, so you are definitely not alone in not being overwhelming excited about Gamer Theory.

-Anna-

JColburn1 said...

I also agree. Not very interesting. Very "out there" in its content and approach.