Wednesday, September 17, 2008

America and the Internet

Do you think that the majority of American have even the slightest clue they are being watched? I would highly doubt it. If the average American knew that companies have over 20 pages of information on them there would be an uprising. Even in class, I did not know that google reads your personal emails. If I ever had an issue with information on the internet and advertising, this is where I draw my line. To being reading what I assume almost everyone thought was personal, is a big deal to me and the privacy (I thought) it appears to the masses is very different.
Corey

2 comments:

Tesekkür ederim said...

I completely agree about your outrage about the 20 pages of information, and that google reads our email .However, is ignorance bliss?

-Anna-

Tesekkür ederim said...

The sites that compile all this information can only take what you "give" them. In that sense we control the internet and the amount of privacy it "is taking away from us." I don't think it can be called ignorance when they blatantly tell you when you sign up for gmail that they will read (or spider) your email.
-TOm