Sunday, October 19, 2008

fall break update

I followed Obama and the terrorism and race threat
source-New York Times- Frank Rich

"biggest fear about Obama running or possibly even winning was that a crazy person might take a shot at him-comparing Obama to Lincon and Martin Luther King 

-Obama not worried, he has the best protection in the world, so there is no worry.

-Doing nothing is NOT an option 

-"all's fair in politics"

-Obama launched his political career in the living room of a domestic terrorist 

-Is there still enough racism in America to prevent a black man from being elected? 

Republican's playing the race card?YES

-Anna-

5 comments:

Becky, Sam, Merel, James, Adrienne, Asa said...

anna check this out! I found this video tonight about Obama and race is a central issue.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2008/10/barack-obama-watermelon-fried-chicken.php



-adrienne

J said...

My father--who lives in Texas--is convinced that there will be a total racist backlash that will cost Obama the election.

Tesekkür ederim said...

thanks for the video!also I've heard the same thing, that race is going to cost Obama the election, or even his life .... has our country really stooped this low?

Tesekkür ederim said...

I often talked about this with my family during the earlier stages of this election. Going to boarding school in Mississippi for four years makes me see how people operate in different environments. Race is a big issue, but I hope people will look at his intelligence and what he brings to the table. Does anyone think America will ever be 100% equal?

-Abe

Tesekkür ederim said...

I would like to think so - but to be honest I think race will always be a prevailing issue within our society. Since our country was founded, we have had white presidents-Obama now "threatens the social order", according to some, and is a threat to this country. It's a rather sickening thought that American's have such a problem with race in 2008.

-Anna-