Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Clue Train Manifesto Chapters 1-3

I thought Chapter one was interesting because it made me think about my growing need for materialistic things. It makes me wonder, do I really need this or is it the convenience of the advertising, right place, right time. I agree that people like to talk about their crafts, it is what breaks the ice what one person may have in common with another. It perpetuates conversation because of peer to peer learning. Learning form each other makes us knowledgeable.
I agree and disagree with chapter 2. The web is a force that lures people in to it's enticing world. The ability to express ides online is interesting because we have a thrill in hearing ourselves speak, just to vent is the thrill and not so much being answered. My favorite quote from this chapter is" Our longing for the web is rooted in the deep resentment we feel towards being managed".
Chapter 3 was interesting because I agree with the statement that silence is fatal. Doing nothing is not progress. Emails, mass emails and other similar circulars are ingenious ways of not only widely spreading information but starting the conversation.

-Abe

1 comment:

Tesekkür ederim said...

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you are discussing chapter 3. You say that silence is fatal so emails and other web communication is essential-yet the same could be true for the internet-isn't it just as fatal?

-Anna-